Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Application For Freelance Writers



First Name__________________
Last Name__________________
Street Address_______________
Salutation:__________________
Date_______________________
The  Editor __________________________


 Dear Sir.

I understand that your need the services of a few free-lance writers for your weekly newspaper.
In this connection. I offer myself as a freelance writer. I give below the particulars about myself in order to enable you to consider my suitability for this position.
I have about three hundred articles and five books to my credit. My articles have been published in the reputed newspaper and magazines of (India) such as The Times of India. The Indian Express. The Statesman. Alive, Women's Era, and The Weekly Sun, etc.
Writing is not my full time profession. It is my hobby. I have been working as Lecturer in English for the last twenty years. In my job as a lecturer, I get a lot of spares time. I utilise this time in writing articles, columns and reports for newspapers.
I am a regular contributor to The Statesman. I am writing a weekly column on sports for that paper.
Now I offer to work as a freelance writer for your paper. I offer to write on sports, literature and political scene of the country.
I am sending herewith two sample articles one each on sports and politics. These articles will enable you to decide about my skill in writing.
I hope you will give me a chance to be associated with a prestigious newspaper like yours.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Yours faithfully,
.........................


RELATED JOB APPLICATIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts