Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Application For The Post Of A Sub-Editor In A Newspaper

 
First Name__________________
Last Name__________________
Street Address_______________
Salutation:__________________
Date_______________________
The  Editor-in-Chief
The Statesman
______________________________
Dear Sir.

Kindly refer to your advertisement in The Statesman of 8th December, 18.... In this connection. I offer my services for the position of a sub-editor in your prestigious newspaper.
As regards my qualifications and experience. I wish to state that I passed my B.A. Examination from the .........University in 19.....Thereafter I passed the M.A (English) examination from the same university after two years. I secured 59% marks in the M.A. examination.
Then I went in for a diploma in Journalism from Punjab University, ..........I topped the university in this course and was awarded a Gold Medal.
I joined The Tribune............ as a reporter and worked in this capacity for five years. Then I got the job of a sub-editor in the Indian Express,.......... edition. I have been holding that position for the last three years.
I have written a number of articles on different topics of day to day life. My special field of interest is the political situation in (north India).........
I have gained experience in all aspects of the duties of a sub-editor, viz....organising the news pouring in from different correspondents, editing these news and preparing its copy for sending it to the press.
 As the job conditions and promotional avenues are much better in your newspaper. I wish to join your organisation as a sub-editor.
I am a young man of 37 years with a good health and pleasing personality. I am tough enough to withstand the various jobs which a sub-editor is called upon to perform.
I hope you will accord me a chance to prove my worth.
Thanking you.
Yours faithfully,
.................



RELATED JOB APPLICATIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts