Thursday, 14 February 2013

How to Write a Letter Asking for a Loan

Sample letter asking friend loan

 How to write a letter asking for a loan


My dear ..................
As you are aware, I have started the publishing business recently. My four books are already in the market and all are getting good sale. I am having a number of good manuscripts with me but I am unable to send them to the press owing to shortage of capital. I have tried all sources and have  been able to arrange Rs. 30,000. I still need Rs. 20,000 more to expand my business by sending at least four more manuscripts to the press. I wonder if you could be kind enough to lend me this sum for a period of six months or so. I shall be glad to pay whatever reasonable profit you deem fit.
Hope to hear soon.
Yours sincerely,

............................

Reply to above.

My dear ........................
I have received your letter and I am glad to know about the progress made by you within such a short period.
Dear {Waheed,} my best wishes are always with you and it has always been my desire to see that all my friends come up well in their careers.
I would have been only too glad if I could be of any service to you. Of late much of finance has  been blocked in business and my running capital has gone down to a great extent. However, if you can do with Rs. 10,000, please write to me by return of post and IO shall send you the draft. Do not get discouraged. I am expecting some amount next month and I shall arrange to send you Rs. 10,000, even more if you so desire.
Well, to be very frank, {Waheed,} I must say it is most silly on your part to think of paying me profit for the money. It is rather a pleasure for me to see that my money is being utilized to the maximum.
With lots of luck and best wishes.
Yours friendly,

..............................


Negative reply.

Dear ..................
I have received your letter and I am glad to know about the progress made by you within such a short period.
Dear {Waheed,} my best wishes are always with you and it has always been my desire to see that all my friends come up well in their careers.
I would have been only too glad to be of any help to you but of late our business has exceedingly gone down and we are running into great losses. Lots of debts are on our head and my father is much worried as to how to come out of this situation.
I am sure you will appreciate my circumstances and will not misunderstand me in any way.
Please write to me as often as you can.
With best wishes,
Yours faithfully,

..........................


RELATED FRIENDSHIP LETTERS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts