Thursday, 21 February 2013

Opportunity Quotes



O, once in each man's life, at least,
Good luck knocks at his door;
And wit to seize the witting guest
Need never hunger more.
{L. J. Bates, Good Luck}

With doubt and dismay you are smitten,
You think there's no chance for you son?
Why the best books haven't been written,
The best race hasn't been run.
{Berton Braley, Opportunity}

Man's extremity is God's opportunity.
{John Flavel. Pamphlet, c. 1680}

Master of human destinies an I!
Fame, love and fortune on my footsteps wait.
Cities and fields I walk, I penetrate
Deserts and seas remote, and passing by
Hovel and mart and place soon or late
I knock unbidden once at every gate....
{J.j. Ingalls, Opportunity}

They do me wrong who say I come no more
When once I knock and fail to find you in;
For every day I stand outside your door
And bid you wake and rise to fight and win,
{Walter Malone, Opportunity}

He that will not when he may,
He shall not when he will,
{Robert Mannyng, Handlyng Synne {1303}

There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
{Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, IV.3}

1 comment:


Popular Posts