Diary Writing Tips
A good diary writing for Some useful tips:
- Mention date, day and time on the left side top.
- There should be general flow in writing.
- Writing should be simple, clear, direct and convey the facts. It should be a record of events, more than your own feelings or ideas.
- It is an event, which you want to describe. It should mention time, place, season and general atmosphere. Also say why it is important.
- Before writing, arrange your thoughts on a logical sequence or draft it mentally.
- As diary very personal, you can reflect back on your attitude quite freely and honestly.
- Being personal, generally diaries are written for reference solely by the author. However, it should not mean that diary notes should be unorganized or in dirty scribblings. Diary is like your wardrobe. Keep it organized and clean.
- Diary writing can be interesting and a fun. Use different coloured pens for category of writings. Write important dates in red, poetry, shayree in green, your personal events in black, concerning your studies in blue and so on. Calligraphy pens can be used to give a personal decorative touch to your writing.
- Diary writing is a lesson in organizing yourself as
well as organizing your thoughts. Diary should be well organized in terms of
time/period, sequence of events, concerns, bringing out pending matters,
highlighting action areas and issues to be sorted out. Diary writing exercise
usually does not include giving your judgment and views and should focus more on
faithful reflection/record of the happenings.