Speech Writing Tips
- Focus on the subject. Ponder over the purpose of the speech.
- Prepare key points in a clear and logical sequence.
- Stick to the time available. Be economical with your words and sentences.
- Do not be repelitic, 'unless something is too important.
- Do not use ''Written English'' but 'Conversational English.
- Relate beginning of your speech with the end.
- Avoid use of Jargons, slangs and superfluous words.
- Give a dash of humour, relevant to the topic. Quotations, poetry lines and idioms can be used provided they are timely and do not break the continuity of the speech.
- Never be offensive and critical of the individuals. Restrain your criticism, even if it is too essential. Sandwich your critical points between two layers of praise.
- Be a little dramatic, but not at the expense of correction.